The USAG brand was established in 1926, when entrepreneur Hermann Amos built the first manufacturing plant in Gemonio, Italy under the name Utensileria Società Anonima Gemonio.
USAG began to manufacture and operate in the professional tools sector alongside other small firms in Italy. In 1991 USAG became part of the French Group Facom Tools S.A., then of the American Group The Stanley Works and, by March 2010, of the Multi-National Group Stanley Black & Decker Inc.
The strong position of USAG in the market has allowed it to keep the USAG identity, its brand and autonomy. The synergies that have come from the mergers over the years have contributed to the growth of the company through maximizing production facilities and the sharing of technological, logistical and marketing capabilities.